Hearing Aid Specialists Specialist Clinic
Welcome to St Wojciech’s Hospital Hearing Aid Specialists Clinic in Poznań, where our patients can use the following services:
1.Basic hearing tests
- PURE TONE AUDIOMETRY (PTA)
A hearing test used to identify the hearing threshold of the patient. During the test an individual is supposed to respond to pure tone stimuli of different frequency and intensity by signaling their reaction and pressing the button the moment they hear the tone in headphones.
- IMPEDANCE AUDIOMETRY (TYMPANOMETRY)
An objective hearing test which examines the condition of the middle ear, which consists of two parts:
tympanometry – determines the mobility of the eardrum
the stapedius reflex (acoustic reflex) – a mechanism that protects the cells from high-intensity sound stimuli through involuntary muscle contractions.
- SPEECH AUDIOMETRY
A test determining the number of words heard and understood correctly depending on the level of sound intensity.
Our offer also includes a number of supra-threshold tests which enable to locate the exact area responsible for a given hearing impairment:
SISI – Short Increment Sensitivity Index Test (a test designed to find out whether the patient can hear very small changes in sound intensity);
Langenbeck’s test – evaluation of the perception of tone while presenting noise;
Fowler’s test – alternate binaural loudness balance (ABLB);
TDT – tone decay test;
Sullivan’s test – assessment of balance and mobility of the stapes.
Additionally, we perform specialized hearing tests, such as otoacoustic emission (OAE) and auditory brainstem response (ABR).
ABR (BERA, auditory brainstem response) is a non-invasive, objective examination, which allows to diagnose hearing loss and enables precise determination of the areas responsible for hearing impairments. Since this examination does not require cooperation between the patient and the audiometrist, it is most often used to verify the ability of hearing in the youngest patients (the test can be done in the child’s natural sleep). However, it is also used to find out the causes of a sudden loss of hearing in adults.
2. Purchase of hearing aids
We offer a wide range of BTE hearing aids and ITE models that are almost invisible when worn. The most recent developments in this area allow for a wireless transmission of the sound wave from mobile phones directly to the hearing aids, guaranteeing a discreet use of the device thanks to a dedicated app. A powerful battery enables the device to run without recharging for one week up to several weeks.
3. Hearing aid service
All hearing aids we offer are new and possess a certificate of authenticity. Additionally, every hearing aid bought in our clinic has a 4-year warranty.
4. Distribution of hearing aid inserts, accessories and cleaning products
All ear inserts and ITE hearing aids are made with the use of digital technology, which guarantees the highest quality and exactly maps the shape of the ear. This also means an exceptional comfort for the wearer. We provide the following types of ear inserts:
- hard earmolds
- soft earmolds
- micro RIE hearing instruments
- water-resistant hearing aids
Among the accessories we offer you will find:
- accessories for hearing aids enabling wireless communication with audio devices
- accessories for a daily care of hearing aids
- hearing aid filters
Our clinic is equipped with a state-of-the-art acoustic booth produced by a Spanish company SIBEL®, which is characterised by very good parameters:
- exterior panels in the white colour, made from melamine; interior panels covered with pyramid damping sound absorption foam,
- elegant interior provides a high level of comfort for the patient during the examination,
- lighting inside the booth: 35 Watt lamp,
- high level soundproofing 41 dB SPL at 10KHz,
- Certificates and quality standards:
•The booth meets the most stringent quality requirements in accordance with the standards: 60601-1: 2006 + AC: 2010, EN 60601-1-6: 2010, EN 62366: 2008, EN ISO 14971: 2012 EN 1041: 2008, EN ISO 15223-1: 2012.
• This product has been validated in the laboratory according to UNE-EN ISO 11957: 1997, the insulation index is in accordance with the standard UNE EN ISO 717-1: 1997.
• All stages from design through production and warranty service are in line with the quality standards ISO 9001: 2008, EN 13485: 2003 + AC: 2007 and the requirements of the EU directive on medical devices 93/42 / CEE.
We perform hearing tests using this equipment:
- Diagnostic audiometer OSCILLA®SM 960
- Diagnostic tympanometer Oscilla® TSN-400